The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Friday, March 10, 2006

narrowing my vision.....rational decision making

Thoughts:

If I sell a product I will:

  • Have to charge federal & state taxes and keep track for Uncle Sam
  • With all probability have to accept Mastercard and/or Visa

On the other hand, If I sell a service:

  • There will not be (or most likely will not be) any taxes involved
  • I most likely will not have to accept Mastercard or Visa
  • I think it might be less stressful than selling a product

Ah Geeze ~ decisions, decisions.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, my advice is not to let the credit card issue deter you too much. Steve and I accept credit cards when people book our rental property down in Florida. It's ridiculously easy to set up via PayPal. Payors (or it "payers"?) don't even need a PayPal account to pay us this way.

Also, although we aren't selling a product, we still have to calcuate and pay Florida state taxes every month on our booking fees. But, that's because it's a 'hotel' scenario. Depending on the type of business you choose, you may or may not have to deal with that in Arizona.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home