The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Friday, February 24, 2006

55 ain't so bad ~ livin life in overdrive.....

Who would have thought that I would ever be 55 years old? Logically speaking ~ probably everyone....... but age tends to take on the added dimension of speed once you pass the threshold of 40, and each year you wonder how you got there so quickly. Not that I am complaining. Along with age comes a much deeper appreciation for family and friends. This year I received presents and phone calls from all my kids and special friends. I even received a call from my good friend Ransome Berry in Olive Branch, MS.

One of my gifts this year was a photoprinter. The printer is awesome. I hope to soon start sharing special pictures. I also received a Cincinnati Bengals Jersey and a homemade therapeutic wrap (filled with rice, nutmeg, and cinnamon). Oh ~ and I can't forget to mention the huge package of 4"x6" and 8"x10" photopaper to get me started on my photoprinting.

We finished the day by going to the Sedona Airport for their Thursday Night Special ~ all the king crab legs you can eat for $26.95. In addition, you receive a salad, baked potato, brocolli, and fresh bread. I had 3 batches of crab legs......... making sure that I got my $$$$$ worth.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make my birthday special ~ especially my Kaneke!

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

I'm glad you enjoyed dinner and had a nice birthday, Dad!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I read in Kevin & Sarah's blog about your birthday.
Hope it was a great one!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home