The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Monday, February 13, 2006

trains, planes, & automobiles

As Cornville Curse Week rolls into week #2 ~ Susan has it nailed. How's this? I fly into Houston for a meeting at the Marriott Hobby Airport....... only problem is ~ I arrive at Houston Intercontinental instead of Hobby. The airports are 1 hour drive apart. Realizing I flew into the wrong airport I caught a shuttle to take me to the Marriott at Hobby. Chris Rock was my driver ~ along with 6 other passengers. Every tire on the van was severly out of balance which created huge vibrations as we sped down the Interstate at speeds of 85 to 90 mph.......no exageration! Chris had a passion for his Nextel Cell Phone and talked the entire way to "others" in which I could not make out 1 intelligent voice. At 3:00 PM I hear a voice from the back of the van ask if we would be in Galveston by 4:00 because their cruise ship is scheduled to depart at that time. Chris says he wasn't aware that he had to go to Galveston but he would do the best he could to get them to their cruise ship then proceeded to criss-cross all 5 lanes weaving in, out, and around traffic. I was fortunate to be able to ride shotgun and experience a thrill more realistic than any video game I have ever seen. I just kinda resigned myself that I might be in a wreck and checked to see if the van had a passenger air bag.......it did ~ whew. I was dropped off without incident and was only left with a few anxiety scars and trying to figure out how I will get back to Houston International on Thursday for an 8:00 AM return flight........ that's another story...

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I recommend a Camel...very reliable, but not quite as fast as "Chris".

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home