The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

my east coast hiatus......

OK ~ so I don't want it to sound like a vacation.......it's just a business trip. I once again find myself in the land of concrete barriers and NO Left Turns!!!

I am back in Allentown for my semi-annual global meeting. So far it has been a very productive and enjoyable trip. The weather has been mild and my co-workers are always fun to spend time with. You will never make anyone feel sorry for you when all of your meals, transportation & lodging are covered by the company ~ but...........

Here is a down side of business travel (regardless of where it may take you and who is paying)

10. You sleep in a strange bed with pillows that others have drooled on
9. You are haunted by those TV exclusives showing bed bugs and dust mites on hotel mattresses

8. The same TV special did a black light scan on a room and you remember the body fluids they discovered
7. Your rental car was most recently rented by a guy who smoked a cigar
6. Different time-zone, different TV and radio channels
5. Eating alone in restaurants
4. Continental breakfast can be anything from a box of Hostess Donuts to a great layout
3. You are seated next to a salesman on the airplane who wants to sell you on he himself
2. Jet lag
1. Your wife receives the mail and discovers everything you have been winning on Ebay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I love the list, Stan. They are all so true. Well...truth be told... I don't have personal experience with number 1, but the rest are spot on! :)

BTW, Steve always says business travel is HIGHLY overrated. And the older he gets, the more overrated he finds it to be.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Great, and all this before I go to Chile. What have you been buying on Ebay?

6:24 PM  
Blogger Project Man said...

Susan, when I was younger I loved to travel on business ~ like Steve, the older I get the more I dislike it. My comfort zone is at home and not on the road.

Katie ~ I ordered a toilet and it arrived the day after I left. I also order the book "Wicked" and it arrived the day I left.

6:58 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Melissa was tellling me all about the bed bug story on Dateline right before I went to Florida and stayed at a Best Western motel. That kind of stuff creeps me out too.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home