The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

mission complete..........




We got the 5th wheel Wednesday evening so we could de-winterize it Thursday morning before our departure. Although the de-winterization went well ~ it wasn't without obstacles. The water pump had a small leak at a fitting that partially soaked our carpet. I noticed some corrosion around the pump when we bought the RV and thought it might cause problems so I bought a pump on eBay for about 33% the cost of retail. It was a good investment because I had to use it to fix the leak.

Molly is a great camper. We took her crate but didn't close the door when she went to bed. I woke up in the morning with Molly's head on the pillow next to mine and she was snoring. Later in the morning we had breakfast and Kaneke made eggs and sausage links. Eight links in fact; Kaneke ate one, I ate two, and while we were clearing the table Molly snuck in while our backs were turned and she ate the other 5. Her belly gurgled all day but she never got sick.

All-in-all things went really well. We are now ready to venture farther from home. Hopefully our next trip will be to Lake Havasu for Cinco De Mayo ~ if we can get RV Park reservations.

4 Comments:

Blogger kevin said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I've always enjoyed camping (in a camper). I'm sure out there you have plenty of great places to visit. I look forward to seeing the chronicles of your travels!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Molly looks tired!

8:40 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

She does look tired! I hadn't really looked at her face in that photo, but I read your comment, then went back to it, and busted out laughing.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Are you on Blogging hiatus?

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home