The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

if it's Sunday ~ then it's time for the Verde Valley Railroad



Katie and I picked a perfect day for a train ride. The train left Clarkdale Station @ 1:00 PM for a 4 hour roundtrip to Perkinsville. Along the way we got to see 4 Bald Eagles in flight and two eaglette chicks on the nest ~ along with your typical, cows, horses, sheep, ducks, loons, etc. Each train car has an attached observation car where you can freely walk and be outdoors for observation and picture taking. At one point you enter a long tunnel in which it becomes completely dark for about 20 seconds. The 4 hour train ride was very enjoyable. Katie and I got to spend a lot of quality time together ~ and a few periods of not so quality time when we were invaded by unruly (loud and obnoxious) families with kids.

Overall ~ I rate the VVRR as an excellent and memorable adventure.........

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

That was my favorite part of the trip (IKEA came in second). Nice crooked smile I have. Where the heck did I get that from?

9:38 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Looks like fun! We'll have to do that next time we visit.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Project Man said...

The train trip was fun! The ride is long enough to fully entertain ~ but short enough that you don't get bored.

A trip to IKEA is always a blast! I could go every other week! A visit to the restaurant is a great way to start.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home