The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Scavenger Hunt

After a long week in London I arrived home Saturday at 1:00 AM..... without my luggage. Why my luggage didn't arrive with me is a long story.

The abbreviated version would start with my return reservation being put on hold by United due to my missed connection on my trip to the UK (that's another story). With reservation issues resolved, my return trip included 1 hour delay leaving London Heathrow, INS greeting us at Chicago O'hare and inspecting passports as we left the plane, customs, transfer of luggage from international to domestic, catching a Tram from the International terminal to United Domestic, re-entering security, running through the terminal to catch my flight to Phoenix ~ with literally seconds to spare... actually, make that 5 seconds or the door would have been closed......

OK ~ so back to my luggage. It finally arrived at my home the next day. I wanted to quickly unpack so I could remove the gifts I had bought and was walking back and forth from the suitcase to our closet... On one of my trips I returned to find Molly inside my suitcase and she was pawing around looking for something. Kaneke grabbed the camera and caught Molly in action.... She eventually emerged with a bar of Dark Belgium Chocolate. She had to give it up because on top of chocolate being toxic to dogs, Kaneke was not gonna share this delicious treat...

4 Comments:

Blogger kevin said...

She knows how to go for the good stuff. I wonder where she learned that?!?
Sorry to hear your travels were so harried, I hope you were able to enjoy some of your time while you were there.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Tee Hee, those are great action shots of Molly. Did you give her a replacement treat for all her hard work? Maybe she is telling you that her real calling was to be a luggage sniffing dog at the airport!

9:28 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

How cute! Miss Molly has very good taste! Glad you're home safe and sound.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sounds like quite a trip. Good to hear you got home safely. I agree with Sarah, Molly has good taste!!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home