The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

If it's July 24th ~ It must be Kaneke's Birthday

Anyone and everyone who knows Kaneke ~ is quite aware that she enjoys celebrating her birthday. As you might have guessed, Kaneke woke up the morning of July 24, 2006 with the enthusiasm of a 5 year old.

Before we go forward ~ let's take a look back. In early June I traveled to Singapore on a 10 day business trip. It was my plan while in Singapore to find Kaneke something unique and exciting ~ and what better for Kaneke than jewelry ~ especially "Purple Gold" jewelry!!!

So, upon waking on the morning of her birthday Kaneke was greeted by Molly and Me, a cup of Pumpkin-Spice coffee, and the ring from Singapore.

Later in the day we went to the mining town of Jerome Arizona and had a fabulous meal at the "Asylum Restaurant" in the old hospital transformed into a hotel/restaurant and tourist attraction must-see.

The views were beautiful, the service was 5-star, and the food was the best that we have had in recent years. In fact, the experience was so positive that we just might make it an annual tradition... time will tell.

http://www.jeromegrandhotel.net/

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Candy!

6:36 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

The purple gold is beautiful, and I can imagine that the view from the Grand Hotel is too. We'll have to have dinner there next time we're in AZ.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I didn't realize she shared a birthday with Kevin!! The purple gold is beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. I am sure she loved it. The Grand Hotel sounds like a neat place to go. I am sure you made Candy feel very special for her birthday.

7:26 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

It's also my boss's (Bryn's) birthday.

6:58 AM  
Blogger kevin said...

It must be a July 24th (or a Leo) thing. My birthday is the best day of the year for me too!!!!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home