The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

If at first you don't succeed.....

............try, try,again!

I have twice tried to update the "Chronicles of Cornville" and twice it bombed. Each time I tried to upload pictures so this time I will try it without pics.

I have been trying to tie up loose ends before my business trip to the UK, so this afternoon I decided to do some fine shopping and headed out the door to Wal*Mart. On the way out the backdoor I pushed the garage door opener button and heard the most god-awful noise, followed up by a loud hum from the door opener but no action. I unplugged the unit and disassembled it to try and find out the problem. It didn't take long to discover the ground up parts laying in the bottom of the unit. I called a garage door company and found the parts I need and tomorrow I will rebuild the unit with the $58 in parts.

By-the-way ~ I still haven't made it to Wal*Mart.

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

That sucks, especially when you're trying to get ready for an international trip. I hope the rebuild is easy!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Only you would re-build a garage door opener. Ours broke and we would like to just replace the door and everything attached to it!

:o)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

*Correction*

Have someone else replace the door and everything attached to it!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Project Man said...

Garage door opener is all fixed!!!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home