The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Birthday Week

February 23rd, another year older, with hopefully, many more years ahead of me.........

As a kid, birthdays in my house were not celebrated with much fanfare. Mom always made a cake, and after supper, we received our present. I never really thought much about it ~ that's the way we did it. I always knew that some families went all out ~ and that is OK. Some don't ~ and that is OK too.

This year must be very special, because this year, I was treated to a Birthday week (not just a day). Candy started my birthday week with a Pineapple Upside-down Cake (my favorite). The next day I got hot cinnamon rolls and hot coffee for breakfast in bed. Day three, I received a gift certificate for a pedicure from Candy, Sarah, Katie, and families. I had never had a pedicure, but gotta tell you ~ it feels pretty darn nice to have someone bathe, massage, and moisturize your feet. It is evident to me now why the Pharoahs liked to be pampered.... Katie and Sarah also gave me a James Taylor CD and DVD.

Throughout the rest of the week, Candy made the days special with gifts, including a long-sleeved shirt and HD Baseball cap from Buddy Stubbs Harley Davidson in Phoenix, and a great HD Ring. I also got a HD Mouse pad, and Melissa and family gave me a gift certificate to Red Lobster. We had friends over for a birthday dinner and they brought me a bottle of Captain Morgan's Private Reserve.....WOW!!!! Is it ever good.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Stan. Sounds like a great week!

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home