The "View" from 7000 ft.....Flagstaff Arizona

Nicknamed: "City of Seven Wonders"

My Photo
Name:

growing old too soon quick...

Monday, December 17, 2007

The Morton Family Drag Racing ~ Days Remembered

First, I would like to give credit where it is due. Most of these pictures were saved because Annette (Morton) Gabbard took the time to maintain a scrapbook when this was all going on. If it weren't for the scrapbooking efforts of Annette, these days would be fondly remembered in all of our minds ~ but, from an archived point of view ~ forever lost.
Thanks Annette ~ if you happen to see this.

On another note, I want to acknowledge the efforts of my brother Bob for converting the scrapbook to a digital format then transferring it to a CD so I (hopefully) will never be far away from this extraordinary time in my life during the late 60's and early 70's.
Thanks to you also Bob!

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

I always thought it was cool that you drag raced before I was around. Good job with the videos!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cool!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I just went through and looked at all of these. Very neat, Dad! I think Matt will enjoy seeing it when he gets home.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home